Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 757-395-4017

I want custody of the children. At what point do I state this?


Issues regarding who has the decision-making authority and where the children will reside should be brought up as soon as possible and ideally before the separation (if the parties cohabit). However, if you and the other parent are unable to come to an agreement you may want to discuss your options with an attorney.


An outstanding job on my case to have custody, visitation and support decided in my home state instead of Virginia after I separated from military service.- A.E.