Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 757-395-4017

Should I file a petition for a protective order?


If you are unsafe, you should immediately seek the assistance of the police! It is important to have a plan to stay safe, and an attorney can help you with that. You should discuss your concerns with an attorney. If there are children involved, you should also discuss with your attorney any type of parenting plan, and consider whether the children will be safe, or whether parenting time should be contingent on your partner obtaining therapy, substance abuse treatment, or should be supervised.


An outstanding job on my case to have custody, visitation and support decided in my home state instead of Virginia after I separated from military service.- A.E.